Democracy Has Prevailed.

May 21, 2019

My HUNDRED AND NINTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

I think we have to continue our discussion of Congressional oversight.

Donald Trump (or at least his attorneys) are arguing that Congress has no authority to investigate him as there are no specific legislative purposes for doing so. And from that they've refused to comply with a number subpoenas issued by a number of congressional committees.

But if they're right, then that would seem to undermine all those Watergate and Whitewater investigations, right?

So are you in agreement with the defense? Or do you agree that the Congress does have the authority to investigate Donald Trump?

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.


Follow-up:

1 comment:

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

Attorney General Janet Reno “subjecting a senior presidential advisor to the congressional subpoena power would be akin to requiring the President himself to appear before Congress on matters relating to the performance of his constitutionally assigned executive function.”

IMPEACH!