Democracy Has Prevailed.

July 2, 2019

My HUNDRED AND FIFTEENTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

A year to the day after the Capital Gazette shooting in Annapolis, Maryland, Donald Trump joked with Russian President Vladimir Puting about "getting rid" of "fake news." Within a day or so, Trump praised Saudi Prince Mohammed Bin Salman even though the latter has been linked to the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, a columnist for the Washington Post.

Trump has been known to call the press "the enemy of the people."

I've asked this before but in light of Donald Trump's actions this past week, I have to ask it again: DO YOU THINK THAT THE PRESS IS THE ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE?

If not, then why haven't you spoken out against Trump's assault on the nation's free press?

Unless you speak out against this assault on our democracy, you're complicit in it.

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.


Follow-up:

1 comment:

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

The press defended the left's Antifa shock-troops attacking a journalist Andy Ngo for filming them.