Democracy Has Prevailed.

May 4, 2005

Queen of All Media

OK...not hardly. But I was quoted in the Tribune-Review today regarding tomorrow's scheduled press conference which Pittsburgh for Democracy will hold prior to presenting Allegheny County District Attorney Stephen Zappala with a petition asking that Senator Rick Santorum pay back his Homestead Exemption. Quoting from the actual petition:

THEREFORE we the undersigned, being residents of Allegheny County, call upon Senator Santorum to voluntarily pay back to the County “taxes due, plus interest, plus penalty” and to stop falsely claiming he lives in our county for the purpose of receiving this tax reduction.

FURTHERMORE, if Senator Santorum refuses to repay Allegheny County, we call upon the officers of Allegheny County to prosecute Senator Santorum as provided by law.
And, tomorrow, you can catch me on WRCT 88.3 FM as one of the guests on Lisa Pinkerton's HEADS UP! show between 7:00 and 8:00 PM. Pinkerton describes the program as, "a provocative call in show that covers politics and culture." We'll be discussing Pittsburgh politics and how the city fits into the larger national scene. I will be representing Democracy for Pittsburgh.

To be honest, I'm far more used to calling in to these kinds of shows than being the guest, so if you happen to listen: cut me some slack. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't like your politics, and I think Dean is an idiot that will hurt your cause, but I applaud the grass-roots efforts you put forth for your cause.

Good luck on the show (you'll understand if I don't tune in).

P.S. Sorry, I originally put this under the wrong story line.