Democracy Has Prevailed.

October 14, 2007

I'm Ba-a-a-a-ak!

I'm back from my vacation. Did I miss anything when I was gone? Have we preemptively attacked ANOTHER country or discarded ANOTHER set of civil liberties?

Have the Congressional Democrats grown anything even closely resembling a spine? Has Luke been caught doing something goofy again?

Is John McIntire still off the air? And what about little Gab?

The vacation was great. We went up to New England and in no apparent order, saw the battle site on Lexington green. The nation's oldest Revolutionary War memorial is there. The American flag flies 24 hours a day there as well. We also saw the old bridge at Concord where the American militia men were first ordered to fire on British troops - there's a grave stone marking the final resting place of a British soldier.

We saw some of the historical parts of Boston. Saw Hancock's and Revere's and Sam Adams' grave site at the Granary Burial ground. There are reportedly 25,000 people buried in that grave yard. Unbelievable. Had some great food in the North End.

We saw the Mystic Seaport and the changing leaves all over the place.

It's good to be back on-line again though.

One last bit of news. In the words of Paul's grandfather, "Congratulate me boys, I'm engaged!"

12 comments:

Richmond K. Turner said...

Seriously? You're off the market? Congrats, David! And welcome back.

Sue said...

Congrats! The Lesbians unanimously approve of taking you off the market ...

How do you throw an online shower?

Ol' Froth said...

Congrats!! And did you not see the 54th Mass Monument?????

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Bram Reichbaum said...

But ... but you're a blogger. How is it you've met another carbon-based life form that wants to copulate with you? And tell me about this VAY-KAY-SHUN.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

congrats!!!!

don't forget, you get married, you have to have a cookie table!

jordan almonds to throw at you as well kid. ; )

Mark Rauterkus said...

Way to go!

Now we have something else in common -- after I got engaged, we went to Boston.

Nice news.

My $.02 advice -- stay engaged and don't worry about other things just yet. Enjoy this stage. The wedding plans can wait and come in due time. Have fun being engaged.

Later, start to plan the wedding.

When you get to that point -- I'll have other advice as well.

Ms. Monongahela, Ms. Chief Editor said...

I could use a little advice on what kind of bike rack to get, Mark. I have a hitch and I need a 4-capacity rack. Brand/model recommendations?

Also, I usually take my bike all the way to Connellsville for repair -- what's the best shop around here?

Ms. Monongahela, Ms. Chief Editor said...

And for crying out loud, when are they going to finish the Hot Metal Bridge project?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And welcome back.

Maria said...

Well, I already congratulated you offline -- actually, I guess it was online (IM? email?) -- anyhoo, did you hear Sue and I hint on the radio that something was up with you?

I also must add that having met David's fiancée, I have to say that he's a lucky guy.

Congrats again!

:-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations and good wishes.

I was surprised how nervous David was when he asked me to marry him. He is very relaxed when he speaks in public. Hmmm. I make him more nervous than a crowd of people? I'm sure I can use this to my advantage in the years to come.