Democracy Has Prevailed.

July 8, 2005

FOX NEWS: Fair and Balanced and Compassionate:

I intended to blog yesterday on the attack on London but didn't have time to say everything that I wanted to say. Hopefully, I'll have more time later today. In the meantime, I had gathered a few completely over-the-top, batshit crazy statements made on the FOX News channel, but I see that MyDD has compiled a more complete list that bears repeating:

I mean, my first thought when I heard -- just on a personal basis, when I heard there had been this attack and I saw the futures this morning, which were really in the tank, I thought, "Hmmm, time to buy." - Brit Hume

And that was the first time since 9-11 when they should know, and they do know now, that terrorism should be Number 1. But it's important for them all to be together. I think that works to our advantage, in the Western world's advantage, for people to experience something like this together, just 500 miles from where the attacks have happened. - Brian Kilmeade

So it would have been a treat, actually, to watch the French dealing with the problem of their own homegrown Islamist terrorists living in France already. - John Gibson (the day before the attack)

This is why I thought the Brits should let the French have the Olympics -- let somebody else be worried about guys with backpack bombs for a while. - John Gibson (the day of the attack)

That these people are, If necessary, prepared to spill Arab blood in addition to the blood of regular -- of nonarab people living in London. - ? voiceover

1 comment:

JasMars said...

Wow, for someone who seems to despise Fox News you seem to watching an awful lot on it, and commenteing on it. Perhaps you watch it because it is the best. By the way, if you want a challenge don't try and deconstruct a Linda Vester segment. Look into and address the veracity of what goes on during the two panel discussions which ocurr near the end of "Special Report". Unless of course, you believe that you know more than; Charles Krauthhamer, Mort Kondrake, Mara Liason, Bill Kristol, Juan Williams, & Fred Barnes, among many other all-stars feautured there.