Democracy Has Prevailed.

September 19, 2007

Back

As David mentioned here, I had some Internet problems (I said he should just write "Verizon sucks!" but he went with "computer/Internet challenges"). I took the advice of the 16th person I spoke with at Verizon trying to fix my DSL problem and now have Comcast -- yes, the Verizon employee admitted that I'd be better off switching to cable.

In the meantime, I caught a case of the cold/flu/monkey pox/plague going around and ended up in the emergency room but I'm back to blogging now.

4 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

welcome back!

Bram Reichbaum said...

Really?? I've been happy with Verizon thus far, and have heard nothing but horror stories about Comcast.

Anyway, glad your back in the saddle. Didn't realize how much I'd miss your local schtick.

Mark Rauterkus said...

Humm....

As to trouble shooting, the switch of ISPs might not be enough.

Have you checked your KARMA cache?

From Wikipedia:

In computer science, a cache (IPA:/kæʃ/, like "cash" [1]) is a collection of data duplicating original VALUES stored elsewhere or computed earlier, where the original data is expensive to fetch (due to slow access time) or to compute, relative to the cost of reading the cache. In other words, a cache is a temporary storage area where frequently accessed data can be stored for rapid access.

When I boot up, I always try to watch where I step and clean out the cashe frequently.

:)

Is there a get well soon smilie?

=;?

Anonymous said...

Verizon does suck. But it's better than my alternative, which is a local company that used to be Adelphia. Hope you feel better.