Democracy Has Prevailed.

December 30, 2008

Pittsburgh City Council District 2 Special Election

You have until January 5th to register to vote in the Pittsburgh City Council District 2 Special Election to fill Dan Deasy's seat if you're not already registered. The election will be held on February 3, 2009.

There will be four names on the ballot:
  • Theresa Smith, Democrat
  • Chris Metz, Republican
  • Georgia Blotzer, a Democrat running as an independent
  • Brendan Schubert, a Democrat running under Schubert for Council
  • In the interest of full disclosure, I've been paid by the Georgia for Council campaign to create and maintain her website:

    www.georgiaforcouncil.com


    .

    7 comments:

    Bram Reichbaum said...

    Well it's a very nice website. Now that you've made your disclosures, what do you know about Georgia, and what do you about Theresa? Seems Theresa has a wide wide array of support, but that makes me wonder.

    I heard her on the radio the other day talking about, "I feel like it's time District 2 had a councilor that represents the people and not any special interests" ... but hello? Didn't she work for Dan Deasy's campaigns? What exactly is she purporting to break away from?

    Maria said...

    I've run into Georgia many times over the last few years starting I believe back in 2004 with Joe Hoeffel's run for Senate. The last time I ran into her was at a Women for Obama get together for Hillary Clinton supporters held at Lazar Palnick's home. (Georgia supported Obama in the primary race.)

    I've always thought of her as "good people" given the time she's spent giving to good campaigns.

    I also like her emphasis on campaign finance reform.

    I was recommended by a mutual friend to do her website.

    I honestly do not know that much about Theresa Smith.

    Anonymous said...

    Smith all the way.

    I am not sure about her comments but I will get clarification.

    Bram Reichbaum said...

    Thanks, Matt. Now I'm worried I misheard and that was really Blotzer. If you talk to Smith, ask her if she has a stance on campaign finance reform, if so I may have to do some mild backpedaling.

    Anonymous said...

    Will do.

    Bram Reichbaum said...

    Just had a chat with Theresa -- turns out she meant that she's not in anyone's "camp", that is not Luke's, not Bill's, etc. Nobody's guaranteed vote. As to what I perceived as the implied shot at the former councilman -- it just came out wrong. Early in the morning n'at. We'll be chatting again soon.

    Anonymous said...

    I'm glad it got cleared up.