Democracy Has Prevailed.

September 21, 2020

My Email To Senator Pat Toomey

Remember when I was mailing a letter every Tuesday to Pat Toomey? Remember when I thought it might at some point make a difference?

Yea, good times (keeping your head above water, making a wave when you can).

Well, in light of the passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, I emailed him. This is what I emailed:

4 years ago you denied even an up or down vote for President Obama's Supreme Court nominee Judge Merrick Garland because it was too close to a presidential election. That was about 8 months before the 2016 election.

We're now 6 WEEKS before the next presidential election and Donald Trump is set to nominate someone for the Supreme Court.

Sen. McConnell set a precedent that you followed in 2016. I expect you to do the same in 2020. If not, you'll be a hypocrite for the rest of your political life.

Do the right thing, Senator. Disagree with Donald Trump on this one.

And this is the auto-response I received:

Thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts about current issues. Out of an abundance of caution, my Washington D.C. office is currently closed. While some staffers are able to telework, mail is affected. Please be assured that your correspondence will receive a reply in the near future. Meanwhile, I am actively working to help Pennsylvania hospitals, health care providers, and state and local officials with testing and other concerns in combatting the epidemic. Thank you for your patience.
I will be posting whatever response I receive from the Senator.

PS: I linked to the page where you too can email Senator Toomey. Use it in good health.