Democracy Has Prevailed.

June 16, 2022

And Now A Word From The Lincoln Project (The Traitor Mastriano)

Look:

The text:

Pennsylvania's story is the story of America.

Our nation was born in Philadelphia and saved on the fields of Gettysburg.

But today, a man who has been part of attacks on America from within wants to be our governor.

Doug Mastriano could have stood with those bravely defending the Capitol that day.

Instead, he stood with the insurrectionist mob that assaulted police officers, with those who chanted to hang the vice president as they smashed windows and waved the Confederate battle flag.

Mastriano was investigated by the FBI after lying about where he stood that day and who he stood with.

The truth was Doug Mastriano is the very enemy he once swore an oath to stand against.

How could this man be our governor?

Pennsylvania's story is the story of American patriots.

Doug Mastriano's is the story of a traitor.

I want to focus on the fourth to last line:

The truth was Doug Mastriano is the very enemy he once swore an oath to stand against.

PA State Senator (and now GOP candidate for PA Governor) Doug Mastriano joined the United States Army after college and was commissioned as a 2nd lieutenant. 

This is the oath every commissioned officer takes:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.
And each time (and there have been two) he was sworn into the Pennsylvania Senate, Doug Mastriano took this oath:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support, obey and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of this Commonwealth and that I will discharge the duties of my office with fidelity.
And yet:

Another look:

Doug Mastriano violated his oath by participating in Trump's attempted coup.

Senator, as Representative Cheney said, "There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but your dishonor will remain."