Democracy Has Prevailed.

April 4, 2017

My EIGHTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

You'll note that this is my eighth such letter to you. So far I've received nothing in response. Is there a reason you're not responding to a motivated constituent? Is it because I disagree with you?

We touched on the nomination of Neil Gorsuch last week so I won't belabor the point. However, I've read at Philly.com that you're in favor of doing away with the Senate filibuster in order to confirm Judge Gorsuch. Again, isn't that a tad hypocritical since only a few months ago you weren't even in favor of giving Merrick Garland the courtesy of a Senate vote?

But let's talk privacy. You voted in favor of S.J. Res.34. That's the bill that would have banned ISPs from selling our personal internet browsing information. Are you aware of the poll data that shows that very few people (it's only 6% according to the poll) actually favor that bill? I think it's safe to assume that very few of your voters support the bill as well.

Why would you vote in favor of something so overwhelmingly opposed by your own voters?

I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up: 

No comments: