Democracy Has Prevailed.

March 28, 2017

My SEVENTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey (UPDATE)

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

I listened to your interview yesterday with Mike Pintek on KDKA yesterday (interestingly a day before the by now usual "Tuesdays For Toomey "events) and I was struck by your defense of Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee Judge Neil Gorsuch.

It was particularly interesting to hear you complain about Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer "thinks he has to oppose all things related to Trump" and the Senate Democrats' view that "we will go 4-8 years filling no vacancies on the Supreme Court because they can't get over the results of the election last year" when members of your party held exactly the same positions only a few months ago, on a 4 year vacancy at the Court and opposing all things related to Obama.

So here's my question: isn't that just a little hypocritical?

I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

UPDATE 05/13/2017: This letter has been answered here.

Follow-up: 

1 comment:

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

Dayvoe, Do you include your name and address?
I am thinking of sending a letter if Senator Pat Toomey support this LEBOR?
http://herocops.blogspot.com/2015/12/support-federal-law-enforcement-bill-of.html