Democracy Has Prevailed.

June 19, 2018

My SIXTY-SIXTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

We need to talk about the crying children at the border. This Trump administration policy (and yes it is a new policy enacted by the Trump administration and not, as Trump dishonestly stated, a holdover from the previous administration that only the Democrats can fix) is so reprehensible and indefensible that you're either against it or you're complicit in its cruelty.

Some recent poll data suggest that about 2/3 of American voters oppose Trump's immigration cruelty while a little over half of members of your party are OK with it. I thought your party was the "pro-family" party.

Simple question this week. Where, exactly, do you stand on this, Senator Toomey? Are you OK with it, as 55% of the members of your party seem to be, or are you against it? When will you stand up to denounce Donald Trump's cruel policy separating children from their parents?

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

No comments: