Ladies and Gentlemen;
I normally don’t venture out into the wonderful, wacky world of critiques de cinema, but I felt in this instance, some attention must be paid.
Vide Barry Paris’ review of “Inside Deep Throat” in today's Post-Gazette. How many sex jokes does he insert in it? I count 6. Although there could be more. Let me know if you find any more. Here are the jokes I found:
· Linda Lovelace is remembered for one particularly literal gag order.
· Her immortality…was gained in "Deep Throat," a seminal movie released…
· Made for $25,000, it grossed $600 million -- and millions of people out.
· The dream-casting of Lovelace was Damiano's first great stroke, so to speak.
· "Deep Throat" itself is being re-released this month …. You thought it climaxed long ago?
· That's what conservative moralists (and liberal first ladies) find so hard to swallow.
Is Barry Paris 12? Is he still running around the schoolyard tugging on the ponytails of the pretty redhead who sits next to him in homeroom?
Sure sounds like it.
There is one thing you should notice amid all the adolescent snickering about Ms Lovelace’s “gag order” and how Deep Throat is a “seminal movie.” While Mr. Paris gets uses the word “fellatio,” his use of euphemism is telling: Linda Lovelace doesn’t have a “clitoris.” Hers is a “seat of anatomical pleasure.”
Seat of anatomical pleasure?? Why not just call it a "whoo-hah" and be done with it?