What Fresh Hell Is This?

March 22, 2005

City Council Candidate's Website Unveiled

Tonya Payne is running for City Council District 6. She was endorsed by the Allegheny County Democratic Committee.

As I don't live in District 6, you may well ask why I care about this race. Well, for one, I've known Tonya for over a year now via Democracy for America and have found her to be hardworking, honorable and very politically astute. Tonya was a Dean delegate and is a Ward Chair. She has a great record in community development.

I'm extremely confident that she'll make a great member of City Council.

And, oh yeah, I also helped design her new website. Check it out here:

www.tonyapayneforcouncil.com


Tonya is having a campaign announcement (with continental breakfast) this morning. Join Tonya for her announcement at 10:30 AM, Tues. March 22 (today) at 1901 Centre Ave (the old PA victory '04 headquarters on the Hill). This is a quick one -- about a half hour -- so do drop by!

* * * * *

For the record -- and in the interest of complete disclosure as I'm sure that I'll write about them from time to time -- I've volunteered in some capacity for the following candidates:

Tonya Payne

Bill Peduto

Jon Pushinsky

And, if I can find some free time, I'll volunteer for: Kathryn Hens-Greco

We've got some really topnotch folks running this year, so please check out their websites. The primary is not that far away!

1 comment:

Jeebas said...

Nice catch on that website, I hadn't heard anything about it previously. The upcoming legal headaches for Udin and Brentley are sure to give her a good advantage as well.