Democracy Has Prevailed.

May 10, 2005

What is it with Republicans and Farm Animals?


According to News Hounds anti-abortion extremist Neal Horsley who wants to deny women the choice to control their own bodies also has no real problem with denying farm animals the choice to control their own bodies, that is, he admits to having had sex with farm animals.

Or as Horsley put it:

"When you grow up on a farm in Georgia, your first girlfriend is a mule."
Can we all say, "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEW!"

Continuing with the farm animal obsession of particularly repugnant Republicans, E. J. Dionne Jr. reminds us in today's Washington Post what Grover Norquist said about Democrats:

"Once the minority of House and Senate are comfortable in their minority status, they will have no problem socializing with the Republicans," he told Richard Leiby of The Post. "Any farmer will tell you that certain animals run around and are unpleasant. But when they've been 'fixed,' then they are happy and sedate. They are contented and cheerful."
I guess Orwell had it right:

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others

...especially down on the Republican farm...or the Bush "Ranch."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just when I think you are trying to put forth an interesting debate, you go and post something really stupid.

Keep trying.

Maria said...

I like interesting debate and I like stupid fun. This post was a bit of both as it points to the hypocrisy of an anti-choicer when it comes to all things 'moral.' (After all this guy is someone who likes to post the names and addresses of abortion docs who thne get death threats.)

And, sometimes I just like to amuse myself -- though, I must say, quite often those 'silly' posts seem to garner the most hits.

Anonymous said...

Fair enough, but it gets my Irish up when you includes Bush's name in any of this.

That makes you sound like you are the high priestess of the wacky-doo wing of Pittsburgh liberal politics.

You aren't are you?

Maria said...

Well, according to Santorum I am a "rabid Democrat activist" and according to The National Republican Senatorial Committee and Fred Honsberger I am a "political hack." Oh, and apparently I get my monies from George Soros. But, as far as I know, I'm not a "high priestess" of anything.