Democracy Has Prevailed.

February 15, 2006

In case you forgot - some more Abu Ghraib torture photos

Here.

The Sydney Morning Herald describes them as:
Some of the 60 previously unpublished photographs that the US Government has been fighting to keep secret in a court case with the American Civil Liberties Union.
Gee, I wonder why.

Here's an accompanying article. In it, there's this:
Although a US judge last year granted the [ACLU] access to the photographs following a freedom-of-information request, the US Administration has appealed against the decision on the grounds their release would fuel anti-American sentiment.
Again, any wonder why? A better way to make sure "anti-American" sentiment isn't "fueled" would be to NOT TORTURE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Such civilized thoughts, I guess, are lost on the more fervently patriotic among us. Lucky us.

The piece describes the 60 pictures this way:
Some of the photos are similar to those published in 2004, others are different. They include photographs of six corpses, although the circumstances of their deaths are not clear. There are also pictures of what appear to be burns and wounds from shotgun pellets.
Please, no Cheney jokes here. This is torture. This is serious. And it was done in our name.

IMPEACH

5 comments:

porchwise said...

Just these fifteen pictures say enough to tell the truth about what kind of birds are on the hill...shades of the crusades.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are quite disturbing to say the least. I do have one question which I cannot help but ask. Who is taking those photographs? Wouldn't it make sense to not take photographs if they didn't want the rest of the world to see what is going on there? Weird. That sort of would be like a bank robber taking his picture as he robbed the bank and posting it later for all to see later. It doesn't make any sense. Nevertheless, like I said, those pictures are quite disturbing. Not good.

Anonymous said...

I thought Braden was in his words:
On Hiatus Until Further Notice
I am going to take a break from blogging for a while. I feel it’s hard to find the time to find anything worthwhile to talk about. Perhaps I’ve just been blogging so long that I just don’t have “it” in me to really care anymore. Nevertheless, I need a break. I am in no way quitting, though, I will be back. Until then, peace out.

2/15/2006 12:57:08 PM (Eastern Standard Time, UTC-05:00)
Could it be that Braden is a liar?

Anonymous said...

Anonymous:

Wow, I must either really bother you, or you are intrigued by what I have to say for you to actually take the time and comment on my hiatus. Nevertheless, don't think you can get rid of me that easily. I'll always be around commenting on other blogs until I return, which will be shortly.

In the interest of calling me a liar, how about you step up and explain as to how does my taking a break constitute me being a liar? Are you that god forsaken stupid? Or is your ego so overinflated that you just think you're smarter than everyone else because you're a liberal for whom two thousand years of human experience and history means nothing now that you are here. Yep, I think that's it.



Until I return....I'll be lurking...

Anonymous said...

Anonymous:

Braden is not a liar. He said he was taking a break from blogging.
Here on 2PJ he is clealy a troll not a blogger.