Democracy Has Prevailed.

June 9, 2006

On Ann Coulter (but this time Tony Norman's damned)

Tony Norman's got a problem.

He writes in today's Post-Gazette:
Because her blond mane and feral eyes give her an uncanny resemblance to all four horses of the Apocalypse, the American Jesus has a soft spot for Ann Coulter, despite her hateful shtick.

In her latest best-selling tirade "Godless: The Church of Liberalism," Ms. Coulter demonstrates why she's a "Christian" and her political opponents are the spawn of Satan.

In "Godless," a book that proves there is often truth in advertising as far as titles are concerned, Ms. Coulter proves her love for humanity by questioning the motives of the widows who successfully lobbied for the creation of the 9/11 Commission.

When she's through with her shoddy hit-piece that includes speculation about whether the widows' husbands were planning to divorce them before al-Qaida spared them a visit to divorce court, you can't help but feel you're in the presence of something supernaturally despicable.
All this is fine. But when he gets to the end, he paints himself into a metaphysical corner. Here's the set-up:
Recently, I realized that Ann Coulter's gall in calling herself a "Christian" isn't any of my business. The problem is my own stupidity in identifying myself as a "Christian" when the word is devoid of its original meaning and has even come to stand for its metaphysical opposite.
And now the problem:
I wouldn't mind being called a Jew of some sort, but I don't think those good people will have me. Since they're only 3 percent of the population, you'd think a brother could catch a break. Alas, I bring too much baggage to the table.
Sorry, Tony. As I wrote yesterday, to Ann Coulter Jews are already Christians.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's just looking for a new tag, not a new religion. I think he's 100% correct.