Democracy Has Prevailed.

April 3, 2007

Follow-up on Shields Campaign

Yesterday The Burgh Report reported:

Although he leaked a poll in February touting his electability, the Doug Shields for Controller campaign seems to have suffered some setbacks.

They've been calling former Peduto campaigners looking for someone to helm the listing Shields ship. Apparently, they've parted ways with the previous campaign manager and remain hurting for cash, according to those who received the calls.

A source close to the campaign tells me that it was a campaign consultant who's moved on and that the consultant, a man by the name of Kyle Cox, was hired to "jumpstart" the Shields campaign. My source also told me that "Kyle has moved on to the Presidential campaign commitments he had already lined up."

I was also told they were happy with the fundraising, and so on.

UPDATE: Another source (this one close to the Peduto campaign) confirms that Peduto's campaign manager was recently called and was asked if anyone was interested in working for Shields. Interestingly both of my sources praised the quality of Peduto's campaign staff. However my second source tells me that it appears they're going to continue to work for Bill Peduto.

Developing...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that sounds like Spin. They've been honest to those who have received the calls and the fact that the campaign website was down seems to validate what I was told directly from a callee.

Dayvoe said...

It may well be spin. I'm just reporting what my sources tell me.

Anonymous said...

Doug! What are you DOING man!?!?!

Sigh

Y'know I hate to admit I like the guy? But I like the guy. He wouldn't be my first pick for controller, however.

I can't vote for his council seat, but I do hope this dual race thing doesn't hurt his future. I like having him around, if only to see his diatribes from time to time.

Anonymous said...

what's the big deal?? a staffer leaves your campaign and you reach out to a campaign full of great people that is no longer running a race. it sounds like a smart move.

Gloria said...

As a Peduto campaign staff person, it's good to learn that blog denizens are catching up to the fact that Bill put together a great campaign staff.

Our staff is driven by principles, not by personal gain, and they've worked harder & smarter than any I've ever seen.

We've had an uncommonly tough couple of weeks, but we're still by Bill's side, because we believe in him, just as much as he believes in us.

Mark Rauterkus said...

I'm less interested in loyalty to the man and more interested in loyalty to the mission.

Case in point: If we had campaign finance reform discussions, things might be different around here. I'm waiting for Peduto to do something on this. The ball has been in his court way too long.

Anonymous said...

If we had a press that would cover issues (like campaign finance reform) rather than personalities, we might be able to focus solely on the mission rather than the man. But we don’t. So the less-than-desirable outcome of a wimpy media is that the mission becomes the man.