Democracy Has Prevailed.

June 15, 2007

Scooter Supporters: A Healthy Respect for the Law

You gotta hand it to the political Right.

They were the loudest to scream that "no one is above the law" a decade ago when a Democratic President was charged with perjury but when a Republican chief-of-staff is found guilty of the same crime (among a few other things) what do they do?

They threaten the judge and his family.

The U.S. judge who oversaw the CIA leak trial of a former aide to Vice President Dick Cheney said Thursday that he received threatening letters and phone calls after sentencing I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby to prison.

"I received a number of angry, harassing mean-spirited phone calls and letters," District Judge Reggie B. Walton said. "Some of those were wishing bad things on me and my family."

These folks certainly respect the rule of law, don't they?

6 comments:

Rob Carr said...

When crazies on our side act out, we say "They don't represent us."

I'd have to give the Republicans the same benefit of the doubt with their crazies.

Now, the call to pardon Scooter? I'd jump all over them about being hypocrites, but I'm hoping they'll pressure Bush into pardoning him.

I'm still afraid the Democratic presidential candidate might snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

i'm begining to think the ones that are pulling the hardest (or having surrogates speak for them)
are those that have something to hide. something they are afraid scooter might decide to reveal.

tho they say they want a pardon because of his charater and his family, i doubt it.
and even if it is true that he's basically a "nice guy"

he is still a convicted felon.

Anonymous said...

I think the difference is that the lefty "crazies" don't make threats of violence, or call on others to commit violence, as is often done, in a veiled way, on right-wing radio.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, those anarchist kooks are a bunch of fun lovin' kids...

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

I think the difference is that the lefty "crazies" don't make threats of violence, or call on others to commit violence, as is often done, in a veiled way, on right-wing radio.
Care to revise that

Leftist Hate: Gore Fans Abuse, Threaten Gore Foes


“I had to change my home number and get an unlisted number,” Williams says. “I got about 10 death threats by phone. I got the ‘I’m gonna get you’-type threats more than 100 times…I worried I would get shot walking to my car.”

Anonymous said...

X and Mein Heir, when you're right, you're right. Revel in it. It may be your last chance.