Democracy Has Prevailed.

June 28, 2007

Today's City Council Public Hearing on Recent Police Promotions

While being much, much better, a side effect of having been ill for a very long time includes having days when the side effects of the medications I was on and those I am weaning off of sometimes catch up with me. Today (of course!) was one of those days. Sucks to me, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, I could not attend today's public hearing on the recent police promotions. However, I did catch nearly all of the telecast and will be blogging on that shortly.

But, Sue Kerr of Pittsburgh Lesbian Correspondents did attend.

Moreover, she live blogged the hearing over at The Pittsburgh Women's Blogging Society (a most impressive effort!).

Read it all!

Live Blogging from City Council
Breaching the Chamber
It is 1:12 PM and things are heating up ...
Almost curtain time ...
Coming to order ...
More on Council Meeting
Here's More on hearing
Police Council Hearing
Opening the Floor for Comments

3 comments:

Sherry Pasquarello said...

sue did a great job.

i am in awe. i doubt i could have listened and typed and not fallen off of the chair trying not to screw up, or at least heckle someone! : )

Maria said...

Yes!

Extremely impressive!

From what I saw of the meeting she really captured it all.

Sue said...

Actually, the real challenge was balancing the laptop on my knees and not getting burned. Plus, keeping my notes out of the line of sight of Chris Potter.

Thanks for the props. No heckling. Just hissing and muttering.