Some quick thoughts:
- The food in the lobby was very interesting. I had duck for the very first time and I made a couple of trips to the chocolate fountain for dessert, though an astute friend of mine pointed out to me the disconnect of having such high-falootin' food at a fundraiser for a food bank. She's very smart, that astute friend of mine.
- Ken Rice's opening was very very funny. Took potshots at nearly everyone, David Johnson (or more specifically David Johnson's Johnson) included. A couple of Luke jokes in there (Luke's a kid. It's nighttime so no one knows where Luke is now) and so on. He mentioned a few intown blogs (not this one, the sonuvabich). Hat's off to the Angry Drunk Bureaucrat and the Carbolic Smoke Ball for getting mentioned. Rice did call it the "Carbolic Smoke BOMB" though. Hahahaha
- Dan Onorato's pre-show "response" was funny, though not nearly up to Rice's level. He made some Luke jokes, too.
- The show was filled with gags and puns, an on stage birth and a truly disturbing impersonation of Sofie Masloff.
- You haven't lived until you've seen Doug Shields do his "Pirate Bob" impression. That one still has me shivering in me timbers.