Democracy Has Prevailed.

November 3, 2009

Just a reminder

Just a reminder that I have been told countless times on this and other blogs that abortion is just not an issue in mayoral politics.

However, today we have both re-elected an anti-choice mayor and found out that our city will have to now revise (lessen) its policy regarding bubble/buffer zones around women's clinics. Something that both City Council and the Mayor's Office will have to work on.

Hmmm...I guess, sadly, I was right and you were wrong.

I'm giving up on politics...

...at least for the rest of today. (My teevee will now be tuned to shows with happy and satisfying endings rather than election results.)
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doug Hoffman has lost.

Let's put that in perspective: a seat the GOP has held for more than a century has switched parties.

Maria said...

Yes, that was a very good thing.