I'll be speaking at PodCamp this year.
Actually, it'll be a discussion I'll be having with Congressman Mike Doyle on how social media (blogs, facebook, twitter, etc) have changed how members of Congress and Congress as a whole do their jobs. While it'll be a political discussion on a political entity, it won't be a partisan discussion of how:
- Those evil Republicans in Washington and their enablers in the media have ruined the country or how
- Those evil Democrats in Washington and their enablers in the media have ruined the country.
Some other sessions of note:
- Ed Heath (of Cognitive Dissonance) will be discussing "how anonymous blogs and comments affect political discourse on the web." I won't be able to see this one because it's scheduled at exactly the same time as my session. (THANKS, Podcamp! LOL)
- Michelle Hammons (of The Burgh baby) will be discussing how to keep a blog going.
- Sue Kerr (of Pittsburgh Lesbian Correspondents) will be participating in a panel discussion on devoting social media for social causes.
- Eric Williams (of Funkydung) will be part of a panel discussion about blog trolls.
See you there!