Democracy Has Prevailed.

October 6, 2011

R.I.P. Steve Jobs


Yeah, yeah, yeah, the iPod, the iPhone, the iPad, Pixar, but let's dial it back a bit. I started using computers in 1977 -- yeah, no Apple, no Windows. I never felt fully comfortable or competent on them. Then, in the late 80s, I got a job at an ad agency -- all Apples. What a revelation! The very definition of user-friendly. Sure, my programmer and systems friends insisted that Apples were not computers -- which I guess meant that anyone could use them.

Flashforward to the early 90s. I was working at a media start-up. I recommended we get MACs. When the IT guy came from the store to open the boxes and install the software he seemed completely flummoxed by the simplicity. I merrily went along and set up all the MACs without him.

Sadly, from 1998 until now I've been on PCs. But, if I had my druthers, I'd be typing this on a MAC.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

No comments: