I'd like to add, however, that this is a change in some recent polling data.
- March 1 - Mayor Luke drops out of the race
- March 7 - Keystone Analytics says the race is "up for grabs" with things more or less tied between Peduto and Lamb
- March 8 - Jack Wagner enters the race
- April 1 - Lamb drops out of the race
- April 4 - Keystone Analytics has Wagner up by 7 points
- April 29 - Keystone Analytics has Peduto up by 2 (though that's within the margin of error)
As they say, context is everything. Imagine a race where one candidate is consistently ahead by double digits only to stumble a week or so before the election down to a 7 point lead. You could say that the other candidate might be surging - that the momentum is moving in that candidate's direction.
But in this case we have something of the opposite - only 6 weeks or so ago Wagner was up by 7 and now it's Peduto's 7 point lead.
If there's momentum to be discussed, it's in Peduto's direction.
*** Obligatory Disclaimer: As everyone should know by now, Maria's been working part-time for People For Peduto since 2010. I, however, am unattached to any campaign.***