I'm certain there has not been another time when an opinion piece in the Post-Gazette has defamed and insulted anyone as terribly as Jennifer Graham has in her column about Caitlyn Jenner:
- She questions her mental fitness three times ("gender dysphoria," "psychiatric disorder," and "the inmates have overrun the proverbial asylum").
- She calls her false three times ("fiction," "a lie," and "sinister").
- She refers to her as freakish five times ("he/she," "female from the waist up, male from the belly button down," "headlined the tragic freak shows," "bearded lady has no clothes," and "don’t-call-them-freaks parade").
- She deliberately refers to Caitlyn--a transgender woman--as a male ten times ("still a mister," "mister," "Mr.," "Mr.," "Mr.," "Mr.," "Mr.," "Mr.," "Mr.," and "Mr.")
- And, she throws in a silly, childish insult for good measure ("Brucette").
Murderers have received better treatment in the pages of the P-G than we see given to Caitlyn Jenner. And for what? Clickbait? Some calculated attempt to not be labeled too liberal a paper?
Really, why was this column seen as fit to be published? Especially when so many transgender people are either bullied into committing suicide or outright murdered by people with the same attitudes expressed in this piece.
This article should be deleted and an apology is due to all P-G readers.