Democracy Has Prevailed.

July 26, 2015

An Important Message From The Nightly Show.

Larry Wilmore has the floor:


Because it's important.

Transcript:
Look, there's a lot of speculation in the media and online right now about what exactly happened to Sandra Bland.  Sometimes the most rational thing say is, "I don't know."  I don't know what happened to Sandra.  And to engage in a guessing game as to how she passed, this or that, it can be reckless.  But I do know that the racial climate is super-charged right now.  We joked about it earlier but the black community is on edge.  And it doesn't surprise me to see a black woman get irritated with a police officer.  Just as it doesn't surprise me to see a police officer neglect to de-escalate a tense situation.  I mean, to me...it almost feels like they were two players in a Greek tragedy marching towards an inevitable conclusion.  Sandra Bland is one victim but her story speaks to a larger issue.  An issue we should be trying to solve before it becomes a problem again.
He said earlier:
The fact that we live in a world where black people have to strategize so they're not brutalized by the police is insane.