Democracy Has Prevailed.

April 7, 2017

A Trump Contradiction?

This happened yesterday:
Q Can I follow up, sir? Last year, you seemed to be reluctant to get involved -- or to intervene in Syria directly. Is that one thing that’s changed after yesterday?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, one of the things I think you’ve noticed about me is, militarily, I don’t like to say where I’m going and what I doing. And I watched past administrations say, we will attack at such and such a day at such and such an hour. And you, being a warrior -- you would say, why are they saying that? And I’m sure you sat back in Jordan, and you said, why are they saying that?

I watched Mosul, where the past administration was saying, we will be attacking in four months. And I said, why are they doing that? Then a month goes by, and they say, we will be attacking in three months, and then two months, and then we will be attacking next week. And I’m saying, why are they doing that? And as you know, Mosul turned out to be a much harder fight than anyone thought, and a lot of people have been lost in that fight.

I’m not saying I’m doing anything one way or the other, but I’m certainly not going to be telling you, as much as I respect you, John. Thank you.
Ah, yes.  But look at this:
The U.S.’ unilateral strike against the Assad regime will undoubtedly spark tension with Russia. Moscow has supported Syria both politically and militarily for years and launched an air campaign to support Assad in September 2015.

The U.S. did not coordinate with Russian President Vladimir Putin, Tillerson said. According to Davis, the Pentagon spokesman, Russian forces were notified in advance of the strike using an established “deconfliction line.” The U.S. took precautions to “minimize risk to Russian or Syrian personnel located at the airfield,” he said. Davis did not indicate whether the strike resulted in any casualties.
Now, imagine if Clinton won, if Clinton had all those business/personal/whatever connections to the Russians, if Clinton launched a Tomahawk attack on Syria (a Russian ally) and then just before the attack, let them know it was coming.  What would the reaction be on the right?

What is it now?

1 comment:

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

So Dayvoe believes that the Russian should have been killed?
For Hacking the US Elections. KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!