Democracy Has Prevailed.

April 1, 2018

Trump's Sexual Assault Awareness And Prevention Month. Day One - His First Wife, Ivana.

Late last month, Donald Trump proclaimed April "National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month."

No, this is not an April Fools Joke. It's the truth.

Now I'm curious. What's Trump's own history when it comes to issues of sexual assault and sexual harassment?

Let's spend the month of April investigating. There are certainly enough women making allegations.

So let's go take a look

First up - his first wife, Ivana.  Harry Hurt III in his book Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald J. Trump describes a rather violent encounter she had with Donald a few decades ago. He'd had a scalp reduction surgery that didn't go well:
Suddenly, according to Ivana, The Donald storms into the room. He is looking very angry, and he is cursing out loud.

“Your fucking doctor has ruined me!” he screams.

The Donald flings Ivana down onto the bed. Then he pins back her arms and grabs her by the hair. The part of her head he is grabbing corresponds to the spot on his head where the scalp reduction operation has been done. The Donald starts ripping out Ivana’s hair by the handful, as if he is trying to make her feel the same kind of pain that he is feeling.

Ivana starts crying and screaming. The entire bed is being covered with strands of her golden locks. But The Donald is not finished. He rips off her clothes and unzips his pants. Then he jams his penis inside her for the first time in more than sixteen months.

Ivana is terrified. This is not lovemaking. This is not romantic sex. It is a violent assault. She later describes what The Donald is doing to her in no uncertain terms. According to the versions she repeats to some of her closest confidantes, “He raped me.”

When The Donald finally pulls out, Ivana jumps up from the bed. Then she runs upstairs to her mother’s room. She locks the door and stays there crying for the rest of the night.

The next morning Ivana musters up the courage to return to the master bedroom. The Donald is there waiting for her. He leaves no doubt that he knows exactly what he did to her the night before. As she looks in horror at the ripped-out hair scattered all over the bed, he glares at her and asks with menacing casualness: “Does it hurt?
Prior to the publication of the book, the author received this statement from Ivana Trump regarding the incident:
During a deposition given by me in connection with my matrimonial case, I stated that my husband had raped me.

I wish to say that on one occasion during 1989, Mr Trump and I had marital relations in which he behaved very differently toward me than he had during our marriage.

As a woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness which he normally exhibited toward me, was absent. I referred to this as a ‘rape,’ but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense.

Any contrary conclusion would be an incorrect and most unfortunate interpretation of my statement which I do not want to be interpreted in a speculative fashion and I do not want the press or media to misconstrue any of the facts set forth above.

All I wish is for this matter to be put to rest.
You'll note that she does not deny the incident took place nor does she deny feeling "violated" afterward. She just does not wish to call it rape "in a literal or criminal sense."

He violated her and ripped out handfuls of her hair.

As he said in his proclamation, "We must respond to sexual assault by identifying and holding perpetrators accountable."

Donald Trump, violator of Ivana Trump.

No comments: