If these reports are true, then there is truly no bottom to President Trump’s willingness to abuse his power and abase our country. This behavior is particularly abhorrent because it exploits the foreign policy of our country and undermines our national security for political purposes. It means that he used the power and resources of the United States to pressure a sovereign nation — a partner that is still under direct assault from Russia — pushing Ukraine to subvert the rule of law in the express hope of extracting a political favor.In his defense, Trump said that "it’s nothing … just another political hack job."
Such clear-cut corruption damages and diminishes our institutions of government by making them tools of a personal political vendetta. At minimum, Donald Trump should immediately release the transcript of the call in question, so that the American people can judge for themselves, and direct the Office of the Director of National Intelligence to stop stonewalling and release the whistleblower notification to the Congress.
And while he doesn't know the whistleblower's name, has heard "it's a partisan person."
Thus spake The Donald.
And since he has thus spaken, I have a few questions:
- How does he know it's a "political hack job"?
- Who told him?
- If he doesn't know the name of the whistleblower, someone must. Who told Trump that the person was "partisan"?
- Which political party is this "partisan person" a member?
- Or at least which party's politics does this person adhere?
- How is that information known?