Conyers conducted the hearings on the 2004 vote irregularities (theft) and now he will hold hearings on June 16th on the Downing Street Minutes.
From After Downing Street:
For Immediate Release:And from Daily KOS, what YOU can do to help his efforts:
THURSDAY, JUNE 16
CONYERS TO HOLD DEMOCRATIC HEARING ON DOWNING STREET MEMO AND LEAD UP TO IRAQ WAR
WASHINGTON, D.C. - On Thursday June 16, 2005, Rep. John Conyers, Jr., Ranking Member of House Judiciary Committee, and other Democratic Members will hold a Democratic hearing to hear testimony concerning the Downing Street Minutes and the efforts to cook the books on pre-war intelligence.
On May 1, 2005 a Sunday London Times article disclosed the details of a classified memo, also known as the Downing Street Minutes, recounting the minutes of a July 2002 meeting of Prime Minister Tony Blair that describes an American President already committed to going to war in the summer of 2002, despite contrary assertions to the public and the Congress. The minutes also describe apparent efforts by the Administration to manipulate intelligence data to justify the war. The June 16th hearing will attempt to answer the serious constitutional questions raised by these revelations and will further investigate the Administration's actions in the lead up to war with new documents that further corroborate the Downing Street memo.
Directly following the hearing, Rep. Conyers, Members of Congress, and concerned citizens plan to hand deliver to the White House the petition and signatures of over a half million Americans that have joined Rep. Conyers in demanding that President Bush answer questions about his secret plan for the Iraq war.
WHAT: Democratic hearing on Downing Street Minutes and Pre-war intelligence
WHEN: Thursday, June 16, 2005, TIME TBD
WHERE: LOCATION TBD
WITNESSES: Joe Wilson, Former Ambassador and WMD Expert Ray McGovern, 27-year CIA analyst who prepared regular Presidential briefings during the Reagan administration Cindy Sheehan, mother of fallen American soldier John Bonifaz, renowned constitutional lawyer
1. Support MoveOn.org. Spread the word. Get as many people to sign Conyers' letter as you can between now and the 14th of June. Target number is 500,000 signatures.
2. JOIN THE AFTERDOWNINGSTREET.ORG COALITION SEEKING A RESOLUTION OF INQUIRY.
3. WRITE TO YOUR MEMBER OF CONGRESS. Tell your representatives that you support Congressman Conyers. "Backbone" postcards available at AfterDowningStreet.org
4. Put up notices and flyers in public places, directing people to Conyers' letter at MoveOn.org. Move On.org Aims to Get 500,000 signatures by June 14, 2005. Move On Org. TELL THE TRUTH
5. Downing Street Minutes Research Nuts:
Contact the House Judiciary Democratic Committee Tip Line:
Contact the Minority Office:
"Thank you for your interest in our work on the Committee on the Judiciary. I am seeking information regarding the charges made in the so-called “Downing Street Minutes” that there was a secret agreement between the U.S. and the U..K to invade Iraq by the summer of 2002, well before the president sought congressional authority.
"Please provide us with any information or leads you might have regarding such a secret pre-war deal, or other efforts to manipulate intelligence or provoke a response to justify war. We will treat any information provided on this site as confidential.
"Thank you for your assistance in this important matter."
HOUSE JUDICIARY DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE TIP LINE ON THE DOWNING STREET MINUTES
6. Congressman Conyers has asked that you do as much as you can to alert the media and inform the public about the Downing Street Minutes Hearing on June 16th, 2005. Please do what you can in local newspapapers, radio, television, and the blogoshpere.
7. Flyers are available at AfterDowningStreet.org.
Bloggers: Join The Big Brass Alliance here.