Democracy Has Prevailed.

November 3, 2006

Lil Ricky may be praying for Bob Casey, but he doesn't have a prayer for himself

From beliefnet:

SANTORUM: One of the things that we do every night when we say prayers as a family is we pray for my opponent and for his family. We know they're going through a very difficult time, this is not easy on anybody. And while, again, I may not agree with what he wants to do or the tactics he uses or the things that he says, it is our obligation as believers to -- as the Lord said, you've got to love your enemies. Again, not that I see him as an enemy, but you've got to love people that you don't agree with, love people that you don't quote "love," and you've got to pray for them and wish them, just like you wish everyone, the opportunity for everlasting life.
Translation: I'm praying for him because I know he's going to hell for beating me.

(h/t to the Post-Gazette's Early Returns which also points out that the only race Ricky is winning is a mock election at Upper St. Clair's high school.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have never heard a Catholic sound so much like a southern Baptist in my entire life. If that's not pandering...well, whatever, it IS pandering.