Democracy Has Prevailed.

October 1, 2008

Journalism Major Sarah Palin Can't Name A Single Newspaper That She Reads


Partial Transcript:
COURIC: And when it comes to establishing your world view, I was curious, what newspapers and magazines did you regularly read before you were tapped for this — to stay informed and to understand the world?

PALIN: I’ve read most of them again with a great appreciation for the press,
for the media —

COURIC: But what ones specifically? I’m curious.

PALIN: Um, all of them, any of them that have been in front of me over all these years.

COURIC: Can you name any of them?

PALIN: I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news.
Damn that Couric and her gotcha journalism!

On the up side, since Palin reads "all of them" I'm sure she'll be following along with the P-G's Early Returns live blogging on her iPhone during the debate and John McCain more than compensates for her, um, not so great interview with his own meeting with the Des Moines Register Editorial Board:


(h/t to Spork)
.

3 comments:

EdHeath said...

You know, we would have been dsappointed if Sarah Palin were to say that she reads the Washington Times and the National Review, but at least they would have been specific sources.

"Vast Variety" of un-named newspapers, magazines and journals...

I could not remember the name Lily Ledbetter, or I would have said that was the one Supreme Court case in the last few years that I remembered (except of course I didn't remember). But Palin's handlers gave her no details about the resulting bill except that it was supposed to be "boon" for trial lawyers (I assume she really meant windfall, but she says boon real good). I gather maybe tonight Couric asks Palin about Supreme Court cases, and she can't remember any past Roe V. Wade. And thats after talking specifically about Ledbetter.

Anonymous said...

"Every morning all of us Alaskans we get a cup of coffee and we all look out of our windows over to Russia. And if we see any Russians on our land, well we go up to them and we tell 'em 'hey you, Russian, you go on and get back over there!' Shoo!"

Priceless satire. And like most good satire, it cuts a wee bit too close to the bone for comfort. Be afraid, be very afraid, lol.

Clyde Wynant said...

Here's a theory for you...

Sarah was so scared to mention any newspaper, out of fear that he might mistakenly mention a "liberal rag," that she decided not to mention any paper at all. In the conservative world, that sort of fear is palpable....

I don't think she's stupid enough not to know the papers she reads, but I do think she's enough of a conservative nutball that she'd risk looking stupid on national TV just to avoid hurting her chances with "the base."

Clyde