Democracy Has Prevailed.

February 4, 2009

Quinn and Rose Update

A few days ago Maria got an e-mail from Rose, of Quinn and Rose. She wrote to point out an error I'd made in this posting. Seems that I'd mistakenly posted that Rose had agreed with Quinn when he favorably compared slavery to being on welfare.

He's since apologized, by the way.

To make a long story short, I got into a brief and very cordial e-mail exchange with Rose.

At the end I realized that I had no idea HOW she felt about what Quinn said so I sent this to her:
But I have to ask the question (and THIS IS FOR THE BLOG): What IS your position on Quinn's discussion vis a vis slavery and welfare? Do you agree or disagree?
This is her answer:
There is an update on our page www.warroom.com

I think it will address your concerns.

As for me, I believe that welfare, when used properly is a wonderful tool to help people until they get back on their feet. I also believe that it can be abused, and therefore, ultimately prove to be oppressive. I certainly did not care for the comparison that Jim made. And, apparently, Jim has re-thought his analogy. Please read above link for more info.
So there you have it.

2 comments:

Grace said...

It's nice to know that Rose is capable of expressing thoughtful views on welfare. Too bad she doesn't use her radio show as a vehicle for dignified political discourse.
BTW - I was flipping through the dial this morning and heard Quinn and Rose doing a radio commercial for Giant Eagle. It was a nice enough commercial for salmon - but it was using Quinn and Rose's voices and airing on the Quinn and Rose show.
I shop at Giant Eagle but I don't condone hate speech.
Maybe it's time to boycott those who advertise on that show.
Time to put our money where our values are??

Sherry Pasquarello said...

now, there's a good thought.