Democracy Has Prevailed.

July 13, 2009

That was quick! Orie will not run for US Senate.


It seems like only yesterday -- OK, last Thursday -- when Jane Orie, the Pennsylvania Senate’s majority whip, said that she was thinking about a run for US Senate but she's already dropped out of consideration.

From PoliticsPA:
As this is my first time being in the budget negotiations, I must respect and fulfill my responsibilities to my constituents, the citizens of Pennsylvania and my caucus, who is standing solidly against new taxes. I must put any personal ambitions aside and focus on the crucial task at hand.
Her full statement here (.pdf file).
.

2 comments:

Clyde Wynant said...

Can you say "trial balloon?" Can you say, "pop?"

Maria said...

I think Toomey has something like 1.5 million to run on as of now while Orie has $500,000 BUT none of that can be transfered to a US Senate run.