From The Onion's "Tips for Being an Unarmed Black Teen" we read (go see the complete list):
- Shy away from dangerous, heavily policed areas.
And a few (rubber) bullet points away:
- Don’t let society stereotype you as a petty criminal. Remember that you can be seen as so much more, from an armed robbery suspect, to a rape suspect, to a murder suspect.
- Try to see it from a police officer’s point of view: You may be unarmed, but you’re also black.
- Avoid wearing clothing associated with the gang lifestyle, such as shirts and pants.
- Be as polite and straightforward as possible when police officers are kicking the shit out of you.
Good morning and good luck.