Democracy Has Prevailed.

April 11, 2017

My NINTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey (UPDATE)

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

It goes without saying that Syria's recent chemical attack was an atrocity - as much an atrocity as Syria's chemical attack in 2013. A response is necessary, though I should point out that Congress refused to approve a military response in 2013 when asked by the Obama Administration.

That being said, I'd like to ask you about the recent cruise missile attack on the Shayrat Airbase in Syria.

The Pentagon announced that, "Russian forces were notified in advance of the strike using the established deconfliction line. U.S. military planners took precautions to minimize risk to Russian or Syrian personnel located at the airfield." Reportedly, the Russians were then able to inform the Syrians of the attack. The runways themselves were not damaged and within a day or so, the base was operational again.We're talking limited damage here.

All this was done before the American people were informed. Let me simplify: Syria's ally Russia (and supposedly, Syria) knew of the attack before the American people knew.

Doesn't this bother you at all?

I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

UPDATE: Senator Toomey has responded to this letter.

Follow-up: 

No comments: