Democracy Has Prevailed.

September 12, 2017

My TWENTY-SEVENTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

Now that a few days have passed since Hurricanes Harvey and Irma have made landfall, I'd like to ask you about climate change. You're on record, by the way, denying that "human activity significantly contributes to climate change."

Time magazine recently reported that climate scientists have been citing global warming as having an impact on the severity of hurricanes - by making them worse.

Scott Pruitt, Donald Trump's climate denying head of the E.P.A., recently said, on the other hand, that now is not the time to discuss climate change.

Let me ask you a question: When is a good time to discuss climate change?

I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

1 comment:

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

Sorry I view Time Magazine as credible as a Democrat propaganda organ like Raw Story and Think Progress.

"Climate scientists say ... Heidi Cullen, the chief scientist at the environmental advocacy group Climate Central"

"When is a good time to discuss" Gun Control or Title IX?