Democracy Has Prevailed.

November 21, 2017

My THIRTY-SEVENTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey (Thanksgiving Edition)

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

First off, let me wish you and everyone around you a Happy Thanksgiving. I don't know if you do it but some people I know take the opportunity at Thanksgiving to acknowledge what they're thankful for.

So let me.  I am thankful that we live in a constitutional democracy where:
  • There is equal protection under the law. Where everyone regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender status or wealth gets treated exactly the same way under the law as every one else. It doesn't matter if you're working an hourly wage or you're a billionaire real estate developer from Queens, your freedom is protected with the same vigor, regardless.
  • There is a healthy respect for the rule of law. Just as everyone has equal protection under the law (see above), everyone lives happily under the same Constitution. Again, it doesn't matter if you're working an hourly wage or you're a billionaire real estate developer from Queens, you're subject to the same Constitution as everyone else - no second class citizens at all!
  • Everyone (again, see above) has exactly the same access to the corridors of political power as everyone else. Working an hourly wage or with a billionaire's real estate portfolio, your voice has exactly the same influence over the country's politics as anyone else's.
That's what America stands for.

What are you thankful for, Senator?
I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

2 comments:

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

Senator Pat Toomey believes that the Law Enforcement Caste that
"place their lives at risk to protect our neighborhoods and deserve our respect,
admiration, and support", require more Rights.

No response from Sen. Casey on the Law Enforcement Bill of Rights.

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

I thought Pat Toomey lost to Katie McGinty.
http://2politicaljunkies.blogspot.com/2016/02/senator-mitch-mcconnell-hypocrite-on.html
"I'd love to hear your answer, Senator. I am sure John Fetterman, Katie McGinty, and Joe Sestak would love to hear it too. "