Democracy Has Prevailed.

December 20, 2007

Congratulations, Maria!

I was sitting at my desk at work yesterday - listening as I usually do at that time of the afternoon to Fred Honsberger.

Fred was mid-rant about the UPMC gift quid pro quo, when I heard him start to talk about this blog. Yes, the very blog you're reading right now: 2 Political Junkies.

He said that while he disagrees with most of what's posted here, every now and then he's surprised when he finds some area of agreement. He added that we're "good people."

Thanks, Fred. Yer gonna make me blush.

Anyway he then proceeded to read this blog posting by Maria, the OPJ.

Congratulations, Maria - you've been endorsed (yet again) by the Honzman himself.

And thanks for the shoutout, Fred. Your listeners are probably not frequent readers of this blog. If we can usher just one into the reality-based community, it'll all be worth it.

:-)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as I enjoy a good laugh, I normally spend my afternoons in more pleasant preoccupations than listening to The Honz. For example, yesterday I was using a dull auger to drill holes in my left femur.

So what's Fred's stance on UPMC's tax dodge, er, generosity? Is he fur or agin?

Anonymous said...

John K. says: KDKA also referred to you folks as radical progressives. That is a nice way of saying liberal thugs. LMAO

Anonymous said...

Legit topics in this thread:
-- The Honz and ranting conservative talk-show hosts in general
-- UPMC
-- Tax dodges
-- Taxing non-profits

Your response, completely off topic AGAIN, would make John K what? Correct, a troll. Fortunately, an inadvertently amusing troll.

BTW, if Honz said it, it wasn't "nice."

Anonymous said...

Pgh Suburban guy states:
Just a little advice Schmuck.. When drilling holes in your femur (left or right), be sure to go anterior/posterior otherwise you risk hitting your femoral artery or vein or both. As you know excessive bleeding is never the intention when auguring holes in any long bone.
Just a helpful hint to aid in your relaxation.

BTW I do believe that this is on topic.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice, Guy, but actually, a couple of times I have hit both the artery and the vein. I died, but still enjoyed it more than listening to that Limbaugh wannabe.

Now, if John K would host a show, I would listen to that! How about a triple: The Laughing Chickenhawk, the Oberfuhrer, and the Moose. Now that's a ratings magnet! What would they call it? "Stooges" is taken...

Anonymous said...

John K. says: Limbaugh Rules! 20 million listeners and counting.

Sherry Pasquarello said...

congrats maria!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both Dave and Maria for keeping Pittsburgh on it's toes. Without you guys and a few other great bloggers Luke would have gotten away with alot more and the corporate media could try to snow even more of us.

As to KKKristian Fred, I really wish you would read the bible. Your neo-con spin on what Jesus really wants you to do is sickening.
When you answer to God at the Pearly Gates he might just bitch slap your ass all the way to hell.

Mark Rauterkus said...

Honz talks to and about you two. Way to go.

He still won't engage with me.

Life is short.

Anonymous said...

Honz had Altmire on yesterday talking about $60 million in funding he had for western PA in the budget bill. Its amazing how often he is in the news.

Bram Reichbaum said...

OMG, jealous! For the record, I enjoy both 2PJs and the Fred Honsberger program, although the Hons man isn't on at a time I can usually catch him.