Dear Senator Toomey:And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.
It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."
I was going to ask you about the AHCA and ask you how (or whether) you'd be working to protect the "pre-existing conditions" portion of the ACA but then former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates testified before Congress yesterday.
Former Acting Attorney General Yates said that in repeatedly lying about his contacts with the Russians, former director of DIA Mike Flynn, "...created a compromise situation, a situation where the national security adviser essentially could be blackmailed by the Russians." And she also said outright that "We believed that General Flynn was compromised with respect to the Russians."
CNN reported that this took place on January 26 and 27. It took the Trump administration 18 days before removing Mike Flynn from his position as National Security Advisor.
But that was only after he fired Sally Yates as acting head of the Justice Department.
Does it at all concern you that the Trump Administration retained, for 2 and a half weeks, a person in a position of extreme importance to the security of the nation, a person who the Department of Justice had concluded could be blackmailed by the Russians - our harshest adversary?
And if it doesn't concern you, then why not?
I await your response.
- First Letter - The Senator's response
- Second Letter - No response so far - (well, this one comes close)
- Third Letter - No response so far
- Fourth Letter - No response so far
- Fifth Letter - No response so far
- Sixth Letter - No response so far
- Seventh Letter - No response so far
- Eighth Letter - No response so far
- Ninth Letter - No response so far
- Tenth Letter - No response so far
- Eleventh Letter - No response so far