Dear Senator Toomey:And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.
It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."
Senator as you may already know, the CBO has issued a "Preliminary Analysis" of the latest GOP attempt to repeal and replace Obamacare. It reads:
The number of people with comprehensive health insurance that covers high-cost medical events would be reduced by millions compared with the baseline projections for each year during the decade, CBO and JCT estimate.The Brookings Institute estimates that it might go as high as 21 million fewer insured.
Here is this week's set of questions: Why are you favoring a bill that would reduce the insurance coverage of so many Americans - including so many of your fellow Pennsylvanians? How will you explain it to your constituents that loose their insurance coverage that you played an active part in that loss?
Here's the thing: this weekend I'll be giving a talk at this year's PodCamp where I'll be discussing "Fact-checking in the Age of Trump." Here's my special offer: I'll scrap all of it if you show up for a chat. We can talk about anything you want: Donald Trump's presidency, your party's attempts to repeal and replace the ACA, the state of the world so far. Anything. I'll even bring some donuts.
I await your response.
- Round-up Volume 1
- Round-up Volume 2
- Nineteenth Letter - No response so far
- Twentieth Letter - No response so far
- Twenty-first Letter - No response so far
- Twenty-second Letter - No response so far
- Twenty-third Letter - No response so far
- Twenty-fourth Letter - No response so far
- Twenty-fifth Letter - No response so far
- Twenty-sixth Letter - No response so far
- Twenty-seventh Letter - No response so far
- Twenty-eighth Letter - No response so far