Dear Senator Toomey:And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.
It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."
According to the New York Times, the recently released report by the Joint Committee on Taxation shows that the Senate's tax reform plan won't pay for itself and will raise the deficit by a trillion dollars. Additionally, the Congressional Budget Office has concluded that the tax plan would add $1.4 trillion.
Just in order to shuttle more money to the already wealthy.
Simple question this week: As a fiscal conservative, how can you possibly approve of such a plan? Or do you no longer consider yourself a fiscal conservative?
I await your response.
UPDATE: Senator Toomey responded to (but did not by any means answer) this letter here.
- Round-up Volume 1
- Round-up Volume 2
- Round-up Volume 3
- Thirty-third letter - No response so far
- Thirty-fourth letter - No response so far
- Thirty-fifth letter - No response so far
- Thirty-sixth letter - No response so far
- Thirty-seventh letter - No response so far
- Thirty-eighth letter - No response so far
- Thirty-ninth letter - No response so far