Democracy Has Prevailed.

March 6, 2018

My FIFTY-FIRST Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

I'd like to ask you, yet again, about something Donald Trump said recently.

Recently to a crowd of Republican donors at his private club in Florida, Trump reportedly praised China's President Xi Jinping for being able to consolidate his power over that communist country, adding that "He's now president for life." Trump then added, to the laughing approval of that crowd, "Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day."

There's some question as to whether he was joking.

Here's this week's set of questions: Do you think he was joking? If so, do you think that's an acceptable thing for a leader, who's term-limited by the same Constitution he swore to uphold, to be joking about? What do you think your response (or indeed, the responses of your fellow members of the GOP) would have been had the previous (Democratic) President joked about exactly the same thing?

I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

No comments: