Democracy Has Prevailed.

April 17, 2018

My FIFTY-SEVENTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

I am sorry to ask you about this subject again but considering the times in which we both live, I think it's important to do so. Your colleague, Senator Lindsay Graham (R-SC) recently introduced S.2644, The Special Counsel Independence and Integrity Act in order to "ensure independent investigations and judicial review of the removal of a special counsel" - in this case Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

The bill states that a special counsel "may be removed only for misconduct, dereliction of duty, incapacity, conflict of interest, or other good cause, including violation of policies of the Department of Justice" and then it provides for an appeal process should that counsel believe that the removal violated the act.

So here's my question: Do you support this legislation? If not, then why not?

I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

1 comment:

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

special counsel "may be removed only for misconduct, dereliction of duty, incapacity, conflict of interest, or other good cause, including violation of policies of the Department of Justice"

LOL DOJ U.S. Attorneys and Assistant U.S. Attorneys commit misconduct all the time and are never removed.
See Ted Stevens.