Democracy Has Prevailed.

July 10, 2018

My SIXTY-NINTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

I need to ask you again about a recent tweet from Donald Trump.

Recently he tweeted that he "[j]ust won lawsuit filed by the DNC and a bunch of Democrat crazies trying to claim the Trump Campaign (and others), colluded with Russia."

However, Judge Ellen Segal Huvelle wrote in her dismissal that "it bears emphasizing that this Court’s ruling is not based on a finding that there was no collusion between defendants and Russia during the 2016 presidential election."[Italics in original.]

So Trump's tweet is 100% untrue. Either he knew that what he was tweeting is untrue in which case he lied to us or he can't be bothered to make sure his tweets (which is to say his communications with the American people) are 100% true. Either way, he has a dishonest relationship with the facts.

So here's my question: Why do you continue to support this dishonest man's administration? When will it be enough for you to finally rebuke this presidency?

Thank you and I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

No comments: