Democracy Has Prevailed.

January 16, 2018

My FORTY-FORTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey (UPDATED)

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

Seeing that you've already addressed Donald Trump's racist "shithole countries" comment (though rather tepidly and incompletely, I should add), I'd like to ask you about recent events in Hawaii.

A few days ago, Hawaii was rocked with a false ballistic missile alarm. For early 40 minutes the residents of Hawaii thought they were going to die a nuclear death. Hawaii, by the way, has a population of about 1.4 million. If only 10% were panicked, that's still 140,000 panicked US citizens.

And according to CNN, Donald Trump was on one of his many golf courses, playing golf and having lunch. There was no public comment from him for about 18 hours. In the meantime, however, he tweeted yet another complaint about "fake news."

So here's my question to you, sir: How this is acceptable behavior? That the President of the United States of America could so casually go about his day while so many of his constituents were panicked that they only had a few more minutes to live and yet say nothing about it for nearly a day?

I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

UPDATE: Senator Toomey has responded to this letter here.

Follow-up:

1 comment:

Social Justice NPC Anti-Paladin™ said...

Really Dayvoe?
This is the Progressive outrage machine talking point of the day?

The Hawaii state Government is blameless and Trump is wholly to blame?

Make America ShitHole County.