Democracy Has Prevailed.

June 13, 2017

My SEVENTEENTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

In May, the New York Times reported that you were one of the dozen or so Senators making up Senator Mitch McConnell's health care working group - a group dedicated to writing the Senate's bill to replace Obamacare.

This week, Axios reported that the Senate, without making the bill public, will be sending it to the CBO for scoring and that no one knows when it will be made public. It was also reported that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will want it voted on before the July 4 recess. Given that it would take about two weeks for the CBO to analyze it and given that that leaves only about a week for the Senate (and the rest of us?) to look at it, I'd like to ask you: Why can't we, your constituents, see the bill you helped draft?

I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up: 

No comments: