Democracy Has Prevailed.

January 23, 2018

My FORTY-FIFTH Open Letter To Senator Pat Toomey

I'll be dropping this letter to Senator Pat Toomey in the mail today:
Dear Senator Toomey:

It's me, again. Your constituent who also writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."

I was going to ask you about the government shutdown but since it's more or less resolved at this point, I'll move on (but I mean really, the GOP controls the White House AND The Senate AND The House of Representatives. How is it that you couldn't pass a budget on time? YOU OWN THE STORE.)

No, Senator. I am going to have to ask you about Stephanie Clifford (who, as you know, works in adult film industry under the name "Stormy Daniels"). The Wall Street Journal has reported that she had an affair with Donald Trump a year or so after he married Melania Trump, the current first lady, and 4 months or so after the birth of their son Barron.

They've also reported that Trumps attorney, Michael Cohen, formed a shell company to funnel $130,000 to her just before the 2016 election in order to ensure her silence.

Senator, let me ask you this week's question. Given your solid standing among the nation's social conservatives (100% rating from the Christian Coalition, for example) would you still have voted for Donald Trump in 2016 had you known that 1) he'd had unprotected sex with a woman who wasn't his wife and 2) paid her off in order for the public not to know about it, especially since that pay off might have violated FEC rules regarding an "unreported in-kind contribution" to the Trump Campaign?

I await your response.
And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.

Follow-up:

No comments: