Dear Senator Toomey:And I will be posting whatever response I get from him or his office.
It's me, again - the constituent who writes for the local Pittsburgh-based political blog, "2 Political Junkies."
I'm sorry Senator but we have to hold our collective noses and wade back into the ever-steaming swamp of Donald Trump scandals.
A few days ago the NYTimes reported that Donald Trump knew about the $130K payoff to adult film actress Stephanie Clifford "months before he denied any knowledge of it to reporters aboard Air Force One in April." If true, that would mean he out and out lied in public when he said he didn't know about the payment.
In a tweet on May 3, Donald Trump acknowledged that the payments were done as "a monthly retainer" and that money was a reimbursement for those payments. If true that would mean Trump out and out lied in public about the source of the payments only a few seconds after lying about knowing about the payment to Ms Clifford.
So this week's question: Is ANY of this acceptable with you? If so, how much are you ok with? And if it's not acceptable with you when will you be denouncing the man you voted for in November 2016? And if it IS acceptable to you, for Heaven's sake, what WOULD it take for you to find Trump's behavior unacceptable?
I await your response.
- Round-up Volume 1
- Round-up Volume 2
- Round-up Volume 3
- Round-up Volume 4
- Forty-eighth letter - no response so far
- Forty-ninth letter - no response so far
- Fiftieth letter - Toomey responded here
- Fifty-first letter - no response so far
- Fifty-second letter - no response so far
- Fifty-third letter - Toomey responded here
- Fifty-forth letter - no response so far
- Fifty-fifth letter - no response so far
- Fifty-sixth letter - no response so far
- Fifty-seventh letter - no response so far
- Fifty-eighth letter - no response so far
- Fifty-ninth letter - no response so far